1. Do not look at the mirror with a baby in your arms or she will have restless sleep.
2. Do not hang the baby clothes to dry outside at night; the stars will stare at them and become jealous. 🌟
3. Do not cut the nails on the feet and on the hands at the same time. ✂️
4. Leave bread in the crib of the baby if you leave her alone in the room. 🥖
5. Your significant other must give you money if you happen to give them a watch as a gift. ⏱
5. Do not speak with the baby from the top of her head when she’s lying down on the bed. 🛏
7. Do not use the number 6 often.
8. Spit three times if you praise the baby’s health or development. 💦
9. It’s good if the house spirit drops an object. 👻
10. Sacrifice a sheep or a chicken at the threshold of your house before you bring in a new baby so that the house spirit doesn’t get overly jealous. 🐑
11. Put prayer beads under the pillow or mattress of the baby. 📿
12. Always buy two loaves if you happen to buy bread. 🥖
13. Make sure that the marital bed does not face the mirror. 🛏
14. Do not show your baby or young child to strangers too much or they will “eye” it. 👀
15. If you leave the house and forgot something do not go back. If you absolutely have to, look in the mirror before going back out.
16. If your baby poops on you, you will gain more profit. 💩💸
17. Do not sleep with a towel wrapped on your head or you’ll have bad dreams. 🧖🏻♀️
18. Do not cut your hair during a new moon. 🌚
19. Do not mix the soup with a baby in your arms. 🍲
20. Babies can see and communicate with angels until they are able to form and retain memories. 👼🏻
21. Don’t gift an empty wallet, always put some money in it.
22. When getting a knife as a gift, give a coin.
23. Don’t pass anything spicy (e.g. pepper, garlic) to a person’s hand directly, or you will have a quarrel/conflict with him/her.
If you pass pepper you will be a fool “будешь дураком”
Most houses have a house spirit (domovoy), someone who has passed away in the house.
Babies seeing angels is likely a Muslim thing, because Turkey also has that same belief — the only difference being that in Turkey, angels are seen for 40 days after birth.